Thursday 13 October 2011

British Egg Week So I made egg and soldiers mmmmm...

This week is British Egg Week

Eggs is a great piece of food and at times might be underrated but think about all the things you can do with an egg!!


A medium sized egg has less than 80 calories
They contain high quality protein, vitamins and minerals!
This morning I did egg and soldiers 
what a classic I love egg and soldiers.
Instead of toast I tried it with asparagus and potato wedges.  

 

Boiled egg
  • Always time with a kitchen timer how long the egg should boil.  
  • Always use a room temperature egg so it wont crack
  • Always use a small saucepan
  • Prick the top of the egg with a pin so that the pressure whilst boiling wont crack the egg
  • Never use boiling hot water a gentle simmer is best  
  • Soft boiled eggs take 3-4 mins

Asparagus 

I prefer to steam my asparagus and add butter with a pinch of salt after they are done, DON'T over cook it or it won't be nice and crunchy!

Potato Wedges

  • Pre heat oven to 200°C
  • Wash a cut potato wedges first into half then with the halves into quarters an if they are still quite chunky cut again. C
  • Boil this for 5-10 mins 
  • Melt some butter and add some spices I used Paprika. Mix the potato in to cover them.
  • Then place on baking sheet and place in oven for 20-25 mins (until they are golden brown)


My cute set of animal egg cups were purchased from Amazon:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001E6DEQG