Tuesday 24 April 2012

Hanging out at my Godfathers hangout spot:

Ever since I can remember my godfather John and his buddies loves to go to The Foreign Correspondents Club in Hong Kong. 
Seeing as I have been to this place so much with him, I felt that a blog post must be created for The FCC.
So first off The FCC isn't really a place to jam for the younger crowds, majority of the people in there are of the older generations. 
Hehehe loads of big bellies everywhere,they probs eat there everyday for lunch, as well as din din on a regular basis. Oh and let's not forget all the booze!!


Photobucket


Mmmmm this Slow Cooked Pork Belly with Preserved Plum Sauce is a WINNER!! The slow cooking makes the pork belly so delicate and tender that the chewing process is almost nonexistent. Slow cooking also allows the pork to absorb as much of the sauce as possible making it very flavoursome.
I am not very keen with plum sauce, I think it was from when I was severely hung over once and had a dish with plum sauce that still haunts me to this day. 
I love hog roast sandwich with apple sauce which is very similar in some way or another. So I just made sure not to think too deeply into my previous incident with the plum sauce and focus on my relationship with hog sandwiches.


Look how massive this pig is biggest recorded pig in the world shot by 11 year old in Alabama. They made around 500-700 pounds of sausages out of his meat.

The Deep Fried Soft Shell Crab with Salt and Chilli was Absolutely fantastic I tell you...




It was crunchy and spicy what a fab combo! 
It worked well with the pork as it was two completely contrasting taste and texture sweet & tender, spicy & crunchy. 
It really allowed me to leave with a satisfied tummy instead of being a glutton and eating when I am full just to satisfy my needs. 


The Fried Rice with Salted Fish & Diced Chicken was not to greasy, that is sometimes the problem with fried rice. 




Salted Fish is rich of sodium and calories, it isn't the best thing too eat if you have high blood pressure or nasopharnygeal cancer. Especially in chinese salted fish, it can cause mutations in bacteria. 
However if you have low blood pressure it is almost good for you. 
For further reading:

The FCC is quite expensive for me to go and eat there but luckily my Godfather loves going there hehehe yea free din din for me woop!!
I hope that in the future me and my buddies find a hang out spot as my Godfather and his buddies have!