Friday 6 April 2012

MEATliquor

Photobucket


I must say there is something very satisfying about a nice greasy burger. Mmmmmmmm! Especially this Green Chilli Cheeseburger...




I went with my family to MEATliquor, I managed to  tell them that the 2 hour queue would only take 5 mins. He he he...




I circled them, as you can see they look a little out of place as MEATliquor is very "trendy", the crowd ranges from early 20s to early 30s. 
Children over 16 are not allowed after 6pm, I thought this is fantastic no offence to kids or anything. 
After the queue you enter into an amazing room with 'street art' style illustrations all over the place, the centre of the room consists of a dome that has been illustrated with different characters such as a Pig Butcher an Owl waiter or just dressed smart, either way looks like at waiter to me.




The contrast between the beautiful arches and the goreish, bold illustrations doesn't sound to promising for a restaurant but it just adds to the whole ambience.
This combined with the simplicity of the menu, the idea of using no cutlery or plates but a roll of kitchen towel and glasses that are recycled jam jars turns the whole experience into a unique expedition almost with you, your friends (in my case my fam) and your burger with his sidekicks (booze and fries). 
The start of your journey being the wait, where you queue up outside next to bins perhaps with a beer in hand (must add that you will also get whiffs of burgers being cooked not from the bins but from the kitchen), then coming into this amazing room blasting with classic tunes from artists such as Jimi Hendrix. 
I have great difficulties with menus and the only difficulty I had was choosing the extensive cocktails (luckily you can always have more then one without feeling bloated, I can't really do that with burgers), you meet your new buddies that you end up drinking and eating.
The food itself was greasy in the perfect way (if it makes any sense), I don't even know if it is the best burger or I only think it is due to waiting for 1 hour. 
However I do suggest not to bring parents or the Grans as I don't really think it is really their cup of tea!   


Photobucket


Just look at my parents!


I would definitely come here again, it is not to pricy and a great place to start the night. 
A suggestion perhaps don't wear high waisted shorts or anything that would restrict your stomach from expanding. 


If you would like to visit MEATliquor check out their website for more details:http://www.meatliquor.com/