Thursday 12 April 2012

Master taught me how to make Xiao Long Bao!

I started my internship at Bo Innovation, it is fantastic! 
I have tried a lot of amazing food. 
The Master (translated into english, he just cooks chinese food) has taught me how to make xiao long bao. 
They are steamed in a bamboo case and comes from Eastern China. 
Here's my attempt:




My xiao long bao isn't as well crafted as masters but he can pleat that thing so well you would of thought it was made by a machine. 


The main point of this little tasty thing is when you bite into it soup should burst out, and mine didn't pop in the steamer, which only means popping process will only take place in the mouth! Woop woop go me with my xiao long bao making techniques...
It had this tasty soup full of flavour that breaks out in your mouth. My palate was going crazy taking in all the flavours and textures. Especially with the sichuan pepper, it really leaves your tongue tingling.